Upholstery Craftsman’s Terms and Conditions of Trade:
Thank you for your interest in having your furniture restored by Upholstery Craftsman.
We proudly put our customer first in every aspect of our operations. We feel that you must be comfortable with the process involved in restoring your furniture, and we make every effort to keep you informed throughout the process.
- We supply free estimations to the central Wellington region.
Our estimate is comprehensive and has been written after consultation with you. Therefore, if you have any queries about it, we would prefer you to ring and discuss this with us. Photo & sight unseen estimates may be adjusted if any issues are evident once the item is sighted.
- We have an extensive range of fabric samples available to view or borrow in our Newtown showroom.
- When you accept our estimate either by payment or by order number this is on the basis you have sighted and confirmed the details within the estimate. We require payment in full (including GST), for the fabric that will be upholstered to your furniture or, in the case of “labour only” work, a deposit being 50 percent of the total invoice. Additionally if the total estimate exceeds $ 4000 exclusive of fabric, the deposit will need to include 50 percent of the labour cost as well.
- Payment in full is required on completion and acceptance of all work (or in such instalments as agreed between Upholstery Craftsman and the client). We appreciate prompt collection of your furniture to reduce the possibility of incurring additional storage costs.
- Payment means full payment of invoice on the date due. Interest will be charged on any outstanding invoices owing to Upholstery Craftsman from due date. Interest will be calculated and charged monthly and be payable as soon as it is charged. The current monthly interest rate is 1.5%
- You are able to supply your own fabric – a cutting fee of $ 10 plus GST per metre will be charged. This covers the time taken to check the fabric, prepare a cutting plan and make any pattern matches.
- Upholstery Craftsman reserves the right to increase the labour cost if a client supplies fabric independently without prior consultation with us and we discover pattern matching is required. We will however, discuss this with you prior to starting any work.
- Freight is optional on all our quotations. You are welcome to arrange delivery and / or collection of your furniture independently.
- Our callout fee is $ 95ex GST per person, per hour. Travel costs will apply for each callout.
- Upholstery Craftsman aims to complete the work on your furniture to your satisfaction. If you are concerned about some aspect of the work we have completed for you please contact our office within three months of completion and we will resolve any issues you have. We are happy to discuss this with you should the need arise.
- Commercial Contract Work – Work begins when the first instalment has been paid and all subsequent payments made by the scheduled payment dates – or as arranged between Upholstery Craftsman and client.
- Storage: Upholstery Craftsman reserves the right to charge a storage fee if items of furniture are not removed from 70 Constable Street within one week of completion. A charge will apply unless other wise arranged. Weekly rate $15.00 plus GST per item.
- If you decide not to go ahead with your Estimate we would appreciate a quick phone call to inform us of this.
- Website & phone inquiries are subject to change until sited & confirmed
Thank you again for considering Upholstery Craftsman to renew and repair your furniture. We look forward to hearing from you and establishing a relationship that enables us to supply you with outstanding service and quality workmanship.
This quote will remain valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issue.